EcoWaste Services on Cannabis Recycling and Waste Management
How is cannabis waste managed & recycled?
Cannabis is just the flowers of the plant, which is pretty woody and grown for its tough fibers with industrial hemp cultivars. What do growers, dispensaries, and cultivators do with unusable cannabis waste after harvest? This week Miggy is back to join Tom in a discussion with Arman Zeytounyan, Co-Founder at EcoWaste Services, to discuss how businesses tackle the crucial last step in the cannabis production cycle – waste management.
What is EcoWaste Services?
- A cannabis waste management company
- Provides management services for cannabis waste materials
- Currently operating in Southern California
- Started as medical waste service in 2011 servicing the healthcare industry
- EcoWaste was founded by Arman Zeytounyan and Avo Gasparian in 2016 to offer organic waste disposal services to food and construction industries
- Pivoted to cannabis in early 2018 after receiving requests from interested cannabis businesses
What is Cannabis Waste?
- Unused or leftover cannabis
- Expired, unused, or leftover edibles and drinks
- Unused or leftover oils
- Wrappings, capsules, cartridges, and packaging
- Cultivation trimmings
- Cultivation growing medium
- Used testing samples
- Havested, used plant
What Cannabis Operations Can Benefit from EcoWaste Services?
- Testing Labs
Why is Tracking Cannabis So Important?
- Lawmakers are concerned that cannabis that is improperly disposed of will cause people to scavenge and consume it
- Cannabis waste is required to be properly documented and recorded
News & Further Reading:
- Who Decides Who Is American Enough? Especially, Native American
- American Bankers Association Predicts Marijuana Banking Bill Will Pass By Next Month
- Arman Zeytounyan, Co-Founder at EcoWaste Services
- Tom Howard at CannabisIndustryLawyer.com
- Miggy at WeedNews.co
Interested in coming on as a guest? Email our producer at email@example.com.
What is Cannabis Security? Cannabis Security means that not one gram of cannabis goes missing from seed to sale and everyone in the supply chain from grower to transporter to dispensary to buyer is protected and safe during their purchase and business operations....
Why Illinois' New Cannabis Law is Considered The Most Progressive Bill Yet Illinois is slated to legalize recreational cannabis on January 1, 2020. The bill that was proposed is considered one of the most progressive cannabis bills yet. This week Miggy and Tom sat...
Thomas Howard has been in business for years and can help yours navigate towards more profitable waters.
Thomas Howard was on the ball and got things done. Easy to work with, communicates very well, and I would recommend him anytime.
Need A Cannabis Attorney?
Our cannabis business attorneys are also business owners. They can help you structure your business or help protect it from overly burdensome regulations.