Nana's Secret on Hemp-Derived CBD Product Ban
What the Hemp Ban Means for CBD Businesses
Washington state, one of the first states to legalize recreational cannabis, has announced a ban on hemp-derived CBD food and beverage products. Tom was joined by special guest host, Josh Kincaid from The Talking Hedge, to discuss the ban and other news. This week we were joined by Cecilia Sivertson, Founder and President at Nana’s Secret to discuss what Washington’s new hemp ban means for her business.
What is Nana’s Secret?
- Founded by Cecilia Sivertson
- Nana’s Secret produces a variety of hemp-derived CBD products
- They have CBD infused fruit chews, transdermal patches, and most popularly soda
- In 2013, Cecilia tried cannabis to treat complications from the epilepsy medications that was affecting her quality of life
- Astounded by the results, Cecilia began creating her own infused products
- Nana’s Secret – Hemp-Derived CBD Banned
Nana’s Secret Hemp-Derived CBD Products:
- Fruit Chews
- Transdermal Patches
- Pain Cream
- Over 11 varietals of sodas including:
- Root Beer
- Blue Cream
- Orange Cream
- Citrus Soda
- Peach Soda
- Strawberry Lemonade
What the Hemp Ban Means for Nana’s Secret:
- This ban isn’t coming down like a hammer at the moment
- Enforcement officials will launch a “outreach and education” campaign for hemp-derived CBD businesses during these early stages
- Nana’s Secret will continue white-labeling its products
- Nana’s Secret will have to sell their CBD mixture separately from their soda in states that require it
- In these states consumers will
- Cecilia is passionate about helping paitents get the medicine they need and adamantly states that she will continue selling her products to anyone who needs it
Further Cannabis Reading and Information:
- July 2019 Hemp Report
- Hemp Crop Insurance Coverage Available for 2020
- DEA Announces Steps Necessary to Improve Access to Marijuana Research
- DEA: Bulk Manufacturer of Controlled Substances Applications: Bulk Manufactures of Marihuana
Interested in coming on as a guest? Email our producer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Cannabis Security? Cannabis Security means that not one gram of cannabis goes missing from seed to sale and everyone in the supply chain from grower to transporter to dispensary to buyer is protected and safe during their purchase and business operations....
Why Illinois' New Cannabis Law is Considered The Most Progressive Bill Yet Illinois is slated to legalize recreational cannabis on January 1, 2020. The bill that was proposed is considered one of the most progressive cannabis bills yet. This week Miggy and Tom sat...
Thomas Howard has been in business for years and can help yours navigate towards more profitable waters.
Thomas Howard was on the ball and got things done. Easy to work with, communicates very well, and I would recommend him anytime.
Need A Cannabis Attorney?
Our cannabis business attorneys are also business owners. They can help you structure your business or help protect it from overly burdensome regulations.