How to Win a Cannabis License with Canna Advisors
Want to Win a Cannabis License?
How Do I Win a Cannabis License?
It’s application season in Illinois and competition is fierce! With only 75 licenses to award, every point in an application counts. Applying for a license is costly, competitive, and in most cases a one time opportunity. This week Miggy and Tom were joined by expert Jay Czarkowski, Founding Partner at Canna Advisors, to discuss exactly what it takes to have a successful application. Canna Advisors has an incredible history of producing winning applications for their clients. Learn what makes for a winning application in this weeks episode:
What is Canna Advisors?
- A cannabis business consulting agency specializing in brand development and license applications
- Has won applications in 29 states as well as Guam, Puerto Rico, and Canada
- Founded by Diane and Jay Czarkowski in 2013
- Operating out of Boulder, Colorado
What Services Does Canna Advisors Offer?
- Brand Development
- Business Development
- Growth & Optimization
- Exit Strategy
- Licensing Application
- Operations Readiness
- Staff Sourcing
Why You Need a Consultant
- An application is expensive, an application for a dispensary can be in the tens of thousands of dollars
- The landscape is incredibly competitive
- Applications are complex
- Consultants like Canna Advisors have the experience and expertise
Beginning Steps to Increase Your Chances of Winning a License
- Start early!
- Aquire a fully compliant property
- Fill key staff roles
- Have a strong financial model with acquired funds
Having a team dedicated to the success of your business and application can increase the chances of winning an application. Applications are costly, precarious, and incredibly complex. A team dedicated to positioning your cannabis business for success can do wonders for an application.
Interested in coming on as a guest? Email our producer at [email protected].
Connecticut Cannabis Establishment License: How to Apply In February of this year, Gov. Ned Lamont proposed a legislation that would permit the sale and possession of recreational marijuana in Connecticut, starting in 2022 and relying on the existing infrastructure of...
Cannabis SPAC The Special Purpose Acquisition Companies -better known as SPACs- are companies with no commercial operations that are set up by investors for the sole purpose of raising money through an initial public offering (IPO) to eventually acquire another...
Need A Cannabis Attorney?
Our cannabis business attorneys are also business owners. They can help you structure your business or help protect it from overly burdensome regulations.
Phone: (309) 740-4033 || Email: [email protected]