Illinois cannabis zoning & land use planning
Illinois Cannabis Zoning rules apply for dispensaries or grow operations. Zoning and Land Use special permits or licenses will be required for your cannabis business license application. Cities and counties set their own zoning and land use restrictions. Consult your City’s attorney regarding the zoning for cannabis. Get involved in the local legislative process to help bring cannabis business regulation to your home town.
CALL FOR HELP WITH CANNABIS ZONING ISSUES
Cannabis Zoning Laws in Illinois:
- Welcome to what you need to know about cannabis zoning in Illinois – where all cannabis is local.
- We are going to go over a brief outline of the zoning under the new Cannabis Regulation and Tax act that starts in January of 2020 – but first
- Like & subscribe to get notifications of the news and stay on top of the legalization trends and industry developments.
Rock Island Cannabis Zoning Does it RIGHT!
- Allows for all types of cannabis businesses
- Allows for on-site consumption
- Allows for reasonable zoning restrictions for cultivation and retail
- Allows for reasonable setbacks for distance between cannabis business and sensitive locations
- Read all about Rock Island Cannabis zoning here:
CRTA Leaves Zoning to local
- Leaves it up to munis for tax and reasonably restrict
- Leaves open social use
- Leaves open bans
Municipalities Have Reasonable Zoning Restrictions for Cannabis
- 10:00 am to 6:00 pm?
- No residential areas
- Signage, etc
- Social use, perhaps
- Max limits of licenses
- Minimum distance
- 100 feet from schools or church
- Land Use Planning for Cannabis
- Special Use
- Use of space that deviates from the normal
- Often has a permit for it
- Permitted Use
- California has cannabis Green Zones
- Municipalities can adopt cannabis zones
- Craft grow
- Special Use
Illinois Social Use & Cannabis Lounges
- Localities can create exceptions to Smoke Free Illinois Act for on-site cannabis consumption
- Social use is more than just cannabis use at a dispensary
- Social use more than just at a “cannabis business establishment”
- Other entities may be authorized by local government of on-site cannabis use
Illinois Cannabis Business Establishment
- Cultivation center
- craft grower
- Cannabis Zoning Stes for your community
- Go to your public hearing
- Tell people how you want cannabis regulated in your community
- Help people enjoy a safer substance for a better future
- Stick with us for our video on all the cool nuances you can do with social use if you let your municipalities’ liquor licensing ordinance by your guide – why there are over 15 different types of liquor licenses in my city, and probably yours too. See you next time – and remember cannabis is not legal until lance gloor and other cannabis prisoners are free.
Interested in coming on as a guest? Email our producer at email@example.com.
Thomas Howard has been in business for years and can help yours navigate towards more profitable waters.
Thomas Howard was on the ball and got things done. Easy to work with, communicates very well, and I would recommend him anytime.
Our cannabis business attorneys are also business owners. We can help you structure your business or help protect it from overly burdensome regulations.