Arizona Marijuana Establishment License
Arizona Marijuana Establishment License is the answer for those interested in starting a marijuana business in the state. Whether you want to open a dispensary in Arizona, or start a manufacturing or distributing business in the state, you’ll need to know how to apply for an Arizona marijuana establishment license.
Arizona just released its rules for its marijuana license application program in the Arizona Department of Health Services website. And as we predicted, the requirements for getting a marijuana establishment license are extensive.
Although we won’t know for sure until we have the application in hand in January, you should definitely start preparing your business to be “application ready”. Here is everything we know so far about Arizona marijuana establishment license application.
What is Arizona Marijuana Establishment License
A marijuana establishment is an entity licensed by the Department to operate as any of the following:
- A single retail location at which the licensee may sell marijuana and marijuana products to consumers, cultivate marijuana and manufacture marijuana products.
- A single off-site cultivation location at which the licensee may cultivate marijuana, process marijuana and manufacture marijuana products, but from which marijuana and marijuana products may not be transferred or sold to consumers.
- A single off-site location at which the licensee may manufacture marijuana products, and package and store marijuana and marijuana products, but from which marijuana and marijuana products may not be transferred or sold to consumers.
RELATED POST: HOW TO OPEN A DISPENSARY IN ARIZONA
RELATED POST: HOW TO GET A CANNABIS BUSINESS LICENSE IN ARIZONA
Requirements to apply for an Arizona Marijuana Establishment License:
To apply for an initial marijuana establishment:
To apply for an initial marijuana establishment license you must submit your marijuana establishment application electronically between January 19, 2021 and March 9, 2021. The documentation must include the following information:
- Name of the proposed marijuana establishment
- The physical address of the proposed marijuana establishment
- County in which it would be located
- Following information of the applicant:
- Name of the entity applying,
- Telephone Number
- E-mail address;
- Arizona mailing address,
- Type of business organization,
- For a business organization that is not a publicly traded corporation, the name, residence address, and date of birth of each principal officer or board member;
- For a business organization that is a publicly traded corporation, the name, residence address, and date of birth of each principal officer or board member who is entitled to 10% or more of the profits of the proposed marijuana establishment;
- Confirmation of whether the applicant agrees to allow the Department to submit supplemental requests for information;
- Statement that, the proposed marijuana establishment will not operate until the proposed marijuana establishment is inspected and obtains an approval to operate from the Department;
- Attestation that information provided to the Department to apply for a marijuana establishment license is true and correct;
- The signatures of each principal officer and board member of the proposed marijuana establishment
Additionally, the following documentation must be submitted:
- Documentation that the applicant is in good standing with the Arizona Corporation Commission;
- Documentation of the principal officer’s or board member’s marijuana facility agent license;
- A statement signed certifying that the proposed marijuana establishment is in compliance with any local zoning restrictions. The statement must include the legal name of the marijuana establishment or identify at least one principal officer or board member;
- Documentation of ownership of the physical address of the proposed marijuana establishment or permission from the owner signed, notarized, and dated within 60 calendar days before the days of application;
- Documentation confirming that the applicant has at least $500,000 in funds available;
- The applicable fee for applying for a marijuana establishment license.
To Operate a Marijuana Establishment in Arizona
Before an entity with a marijuana establishment license begins operating a marijuana establishment, it has to obtain approval to operate a marijuana establishment from the Department.
To apply, a board member has to submit to the Department, within 18 months after the marijuana establishment license was issued the following documents:
- Document with the following information:
- The name and license number of the marijuana establishment;
- The physical address of the marijuana establishment’s retail location;
- The marijuana establishment’s Transaction Privilege Tax Number issued by the Arizona Department of Revenue;
- The marijuana establishment’s proposed hours of operation;
- Whether the marijuana establishment agrees to allow the Department to submit supplemental requests for information;
- An attestation that the information provided to the Department to apply for approval to operate a marijuana establishment is true and correct; and
- The signature of each principal officer and board member of the marijuana
- A copy of documentation issued by the local jurisdiction to the marijuana establishment authorizing occupancy of the building as a marijuana establishment’s retail location, such as a certificate of occupancy, a special use permit, or a conditional use permit;
- A list of which of the following activities the marijuana establishments is requesting approval to provide at the retail location:
- Manufacturing of marijuana products, or
- Preparation of edible marijuana products;
- If requesting approval of preparing edible marijuana products, a copy of the marijuana establishment’s license or permit of the location as a food establishment
- A site plan drawn to scale of the marijuana establishment’s retail location showing streets, property lines of the contiguous premises, buildings, parking areas, outdoor areas if applicable, fences, security features, fire hydrants if applicable, and access to water mains; and
- A floor plan drawn to scale of the building where the marijuana establishment’s retail location is located showing the:
- Layout and dimensions of each room,
- Name and function of each room,
- Location of each hand washing sink,
- Location of each toilet room,
- Means of egress,
- Location of each video camera,
- Location of each panic button, and
- Location of natural and artificial lighting sources.
Here Are the Rules To Get a Marijuana Establishment License in ArizonaArizona-Marijuana-Establishment-License
RELATED POST: ARIZONA MARIJUANA DISPENSARY APPLICATION 2021
RELATED POST: CAN YOU GROW MARIJUANA IN ARIZONA
Limitation on Number of Marijuana Establishments in Arizona
If the Department receives, by March 9, 2021, more marijuana establishment license applications that are complete and compliant with the regulations, than the number of licenses the Department is allowed to issue, the Department will grant the marijuana establishment licenses according to the following criteria:
For a county that:
- Does not contain either a dispensary or marijuana establishment, if two or fewer marijuana establishment license applications are received, the Department shall allocate a marijuana establishment license to each applicant; and
- Contains one dispensary and no marijuana establishments, if only one marijuana establishment license application is received, the Department shall allocate a marijuanaestablishment license to the applicant.
If more marijuana establishment license applications are received for a county than the number of licenses the Department is allowed to issue the Department shall allocate a marijuana establishment license based on random drawing to:
- Two applicants if the county does not contain either a dispensary or marijuana establishment
- One applicant if the county contains one dispensary and no marijuana establishments;
If the Department does not allocate a marijuana establishment license to an applicant that had submitted a marijuana establishment license application, the Department shall provide a written notice to the applicant that states that, although the applicant’s marijuana establishment license application was complete and complied with the regulations the Department would not be granting a license.
Arizona Marijuana Establishment License Application Timeline
For Marijuana Establishment License Early Applicants:
The Department will accept applications for Marijuana Establishment Licenses from Early Applicants from January 19, 2021 through March 9, 2021. An early applicant is one of the following:
- An entity seeking to operate a marijuana establishment in a county with fewer than two registered Nonprofit Medical Marijuana Dispensaries.
- A Nonprofit Medical Marijuana Dispensary that is registered and in good standing with the Department.
For Marijuana Establishment License Regular Applicants:
The license will be issued by random selection.
The department has to publicize the random selection process on its website at least sixty days before the application period opens. Applicants that apply for this round of licenses will be subject to certain investigations and background checks to authorize their eligibility before eligibility to receive such a valuable license is confirmed.
Don’t miss out on our Marijuana Legalization Map where you can browse the current status of laws in every state in the United States and see all our posts on each of them.
Interested in coming on as a guest? Email our producer at firstname.lastname@example.org